Monday, March 30, 2015

Easter Treat Roundup

I love this time of year!  We were luck to have a very mild Winter this year so the Spring flowers have been blooming for many, many weeks already, and the herons are nesting in the park across the street.  I am turning my kitchen efforts to Easter this week and sharing some fun and tasty Easter treats with you today.  An Easter Treat Roundup.


Easter Treat Roundup at http://wecanbegintofeed.blogspot.com

And yes, I will be coloring eggs for The Captain shortly.  This is something I have been doing since I was a child and I love to see a bowl or basket filled with colored hardboiled eggs on the table or countertop. Even when we were out cruising on the sailboat all those years, I made sure to color some eggs for The Captain. They are one of his favorite snacks.  And they are bright and cheerful too… on days when Spring storms seem to linger, especially!

If you aren’t sure how to get started doing them yourself, here are a couple of ideas:

Colored Easter Eggs

Coloring the Insides of Easter Eggs
And if while you are here, do take a look at some of these very creative and fun ideas too. Thanks to the other bloggers who shared their ideas with me so I could pass them along to you!  Please click on the link below the picture to find the recipe on the original blog post.

Just look at these great ideas!


Easter Bird's Nest Cookies
by Confessions of a Fitness Instructor


Triple Chunk Candy Cookies
by Healthy Helper

Healthy Chocolate Bunnies
by The Happy Health Freak


Raw Carrot Cake Bites
by Plaid & Paleo


Orange Ginger Meringues
by Healthy Helper


Deviled Egg Chicks For Easter
by Running With Perseverance


Sugar Snap Pea and Apricot Salad with Cashews
by The Plant Powered Dietician


Chocolate-Dipped Sunbutter Easter Eggs
by The Fit Cookie



And here is one more of my own:


Pretty Spring Cake Mix Cookies

Do you have a favorite Easter recipe or tradition? I would love to hear about it and if you have written a post, do leave a link in the comments for my readers to see as well.

1 comment:

  1. They all look so tasty! I love the raw carrot cake bites...Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.