Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Easy Sweet Potato Waffles

Several days ago my friend, Kate, sent me a message on Pinterest with a link to a recipe for Sweet Potato Waffles… they looked fabulous!  But when I read through the ingredient list, I knew I wouldlikely never make them.

The recipe called for coconut oil, and as much as I like it, and do use it, I am not liberal with oils in my own baking and cooking. I try to limit them to a couple of teaspoons per day at the most. I prefer to get my healthy fats in food…nuts, avocadoes, eggs, olives, light cheeses, along with almond and coconut milks.

But I thought that Sweet Potato Waffles sounded like a great idea so I went ahead and made my own with just a couple of ingredients.  And yes, I made them just for myself!  Next time I will add some more spices… cloves, allspice, nutmeg and perhaps some ginger, too.

I dressed them with strawberries and some hemp seeds.  But I bet nut butters or blueberries and bananas would be lovely, too.


Sweet Potato Waffles

Sweet Potato Waffles
Makes 1 serving
  • 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  1. Blend ingredients well and cook in your waffle iron according to directions.
  2. Serve warm with your favorite toppings.

Per serving, without toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 250; Protein 14g; Carbohydrate 25g; Fat 10g; Fibre 3g.


I love waffles!  Are you a fan?  What are your favorite kind?

2 comments:

  1. SO EASY! :) The waffle iron is literally one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! I cannot believe I went SO LONG without one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.