Friday, July 11, 2014

Creamy Avocado and Nooch Dressing or Dip


I think I am on a bit of a roll, here…. I am so loving the avocados we have been getting lately from California.  They are so creamy and so rich! And because I usually have either zoodles or a big mixed salad for lunch every day, I have been coming up with different ways to dress them up using my beloved avocados.

I also happen to love nooch (nutritional yeast). It gives a bit of a cheesy flavor and is a good thickener, too.  Also has lots of nutrients.  Duh.  NUTRITIONAL yeast.

I was going to just slice the avocado onto my salad, but after I mixed some nooch and some yogurt together, I decided to mash the avocado into it, and this lovely dressing was born.  Mmmm. Great idea!

This dressing is sublime.  Truly.  I can’t rave about it enough.  It is thick and creamy and good enough to just sit and eat with a spoon, or even your fingers!

Creamy Avocado and Nooch Dressing or Dip

Creamy Avocado and Nooch Dressing or Dip
Makes 1 serving
  • 3/8 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 Tbs nooch
  • 1/2 medium avocado (about 1-1/2 ounces)
  • a few drops of lemon juice
  • dash of salt
  1. Mix the yogurt and nooch till well blended. 
  2. Add the avocado and mash and mix till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
  3. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt to taste.

Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 141; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 9g; Fat 7g; Fibre 4g.

July 6 Creamy Avocado and Nooch Dressing and Dip 001
Just look how thick and creamy this is!  The lemon juice will keep the avocado from changing color.

July 6 Creamy Avocado and Nooch Dressing and Dip 003


July 6 Creamy Avocado and Nooch Dressing and Dip 004


What is your favorite way to enjoy avocados?

4 comments:

  1. i think i could eat a whole bowl of that! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! Looks delicious!!! Going to have to try this for sure!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh seriously? Delish!!!!! I love ALL those ingredients! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.