Friday, September 21, 2012

Grain/Gluten Free Wrap with Olive Oil

I revisited this gluten-free grain-free wrap because I really enjoyed it the first time I made it... and because I think the recipe can be improved to bring the calorie count down somewhat.

My most recent version was made with 2 tsp of olive oil instead of 1 Tbs of coconut oil... it improved the flavor significantly, I think, and certainly changed the Nutritional Information as well.  And, it had no negative impact on the texture of the wrap.

I am going to keep playing with this recipe and perhaps try it with egg whites only next time.  I will be sure to keep you posted!

Grain/Gluten Free Wrap, with Olive Oil
Makes 1 serving
  • 3 Tbs ground flax seed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbs water
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • dash of salt
  1. In a smallish bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds, baking powder,  and salt.
  2. In a small bowl combine the the olive oil, egg, and water, and blend well.
  3. Coat a flat microwave-safe plate with non-stick spray.
  4. Pour the flaxseed mixture onto the plate and spread thin. It will be about 9 or 10 inches in diameter.
  5. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes then remove and allow to rest at least 5 minutes. It will firm up a bit as it cools.
  6. Gently remove from the plate and flip over to fill with desired ingredients.

Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+= 7.
Calories 274; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 23g; Fibre 6g.

Before cooking.


What do you think?  Have you tried making your own wraps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.