Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Taste of the Tropics Smoothie

I am thoroughly enjoying the Coconut Dream that I found last week... on my oats, and on cold cereal, and now in a luscious smoothie that tastes of warm tropical breezes and swaying palm trees... just the thing for a cool winter day!  It has a lovely, light coconut flavor and just enough fat to feel deliciously creamy in my mouth.

Using the Coconut Dream in a smoothie was suggested to me by Christy, from My Dirt Road Anthem.  I am so glad I decided to try it out.  My first attempt is simple and delicious, with only 2 ingredients, but I know I will be doing more experimenting with this.

I like smoothies anytime of the day when I need a snack... whether it is after a workout or just when I need something nutritious to get me through a couple of hours till mealtime. 

And I normally use my immersion blender.  It is so handy and easy to clean,  and I often drink right out of the blender jar!



Tropical Smoothie
Makes 1 serving
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 cup Coconut Dream, unsweetened original flavor
  1. Peel the banana and cut it into chunks.  Place in the bottom of the blender container.
  2. Add Coconut Dream to container.
  3. Whizz about 30 seconds till frothy and thick.
  4. Drink out of the blender container or pour into a glass.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 123; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 25g; Fat 3g; Fibre 3g.


Drink it right from the blender jar... no one is looking!




Here are a couple of other smoothies you might enjoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.