Thursday, November 03, 2011

Shredded Carrot Salad with Raisins

This salad is one that I enjoyed at my Mother's table, as a child.  It appeals to me visually and satisfies my need for something crunchy and sweet.  It is also full of vitamins.

I am sure that my Mother would have have prepared it with regular mayonnaise and white sugar.... my version is much lighter but just as tasty!



Shredded Carrot Salad with Raisins
Makes 4 generous servings
  • 3 medium carrots, washed, peeled and grated
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup fat free Miracle Whip or other mayo 
  • 1 packet Splenda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Dash of black pepper
  1. Put grated carrots in a large bowl and toss with remaining ingredients.
  2. Chill thoroughly before serving.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 71; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fat 0g; Fibre 2g.

3 comments:

  1. My mom used to make this too. Yummy! I may have to make it, i have so many carrots in the frigde right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought about this salad in a long time. I should try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was craving this salad and voila a recipe appeared!

    I substituted half of the fat free mayo for fat free greek yogurt and added some chopped walnuts for added crunch.

    Yum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.