Normally I would make them 2 at a time but today I decided to make just one for me, as The Captain was otherwise occupied with a huge, gooey, fattening cinnamon roll... so I halved the basic ingredients, and then used even less mashed banana.
Why? Well, bananas have more calories than pumpkin or applesauce, which are what I have used when making other versions of these muffins. So, to keep the P+ count to 2, I reduced the amount of mashed banana to 1/8 cup in this individual serving. It was plenty and quite tasty!
Makes 1 serving
- 1/8 cup mashed banana
- 1 Tbs organic spelt flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 packet Splenda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Spray a small microwave-safe bowl or mug with non-stick spray.
- Mix ingredients well and place in bowl.
- Cook on HIGH in microwave oven for 2 minutes.
- Leave cool about 5 minutes in the dish, then turn out and leave another 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with yogurt, fruit, nut butters, etc.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 86; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fat 0g; Fibre 2g.
Ingedients mixed and placed in microwave-safe bowl.
After miking, let it rest several minutes to complete cooking.
Put on your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Here are some other versions you may want to try:
(this one has pumpkin)