Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Raisin Cereal Bowl

In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving today, I have a new pumpkin recipe!



I love coming up with new ways to use pumpkin!

This morning, The Captain wanted a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast... not content with that, I loaded up my bowl with lots of other goodies and came up with this.  It is almost like pudding... very creamy and rich tasting.

I think almost any plain cereal would work and I plan to experiment with others soon - nuts?  chocolate chips? peanut butter?



Pumpkin Raisin Cereal Bowl
Makes 1 serving
  • 1 cup cornflakes
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened Almond Breeze
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 packets Splenda
  • 1 Tbs raisins
  1. Mix all ingredients in the bowl.
  2. Let rest for a few minutes while the cereal absorbs the milk and thickens up.
  3. Stir again and dig in.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 164; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 35g; Fat 2g; Fibre 4g.

When you first mix all the ingrients together, it is quite wet... just wait a few minutes!


It soon becomes as thick as pudding. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.