Thursday, September 22, 2011

Banana Baked Oats for One

This morning I was craving baked oatmeal for breakfast, but The Captain wanted eggs, so I opted to make up a single serving of the crunchy baked oats.  Instead of using applesauce, I used mashed banana, and it turned out quite nicely.


Banana Baked Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Raisins
Makes 1 serving
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • dash of cinnamon
  • splash of vanilla
  • 1/8 cup mashed banana
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1 Tbs raisins 
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. Combine raw oats, spices, applesauce, and water.
  3. Coat 1 small ramekin with non-stick spray and pour batter into it.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm.
  5. Change setting on oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes (for crusty effect).
  6. Remove from ramekin to cereal bowl and add toppings.

Per serving, without toppings. 
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 130; Protein 5g; Fat 2g; Fibre 5g.

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.

Put in ramekin that has been coated with non-stick spray.


When baked, remove to a cereal bowl and top with your favorites... yogurt, fruit, nut butters are lovely additions.

2 comments:

  1. that looks just wonderful! I usually am cooking breakfast for just myself, so it's great to know the proportions for a bowl for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making lots of baked oatmeals for breakfasts here but can't do one with bananas.. my daughter loaths them. Now I have the solution - make it just for me! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.