Monday, May 16, 2011

Strawberry Spree!

I do love fresh, juicy strawberries and I am always so happy when they show up in our local markets.  This morning I picked up a 2-pound container full of luscious, ripe berries, and could hardly wait to get home and start making this salad for lunch.



Strawberry Spinach Salad
Makes 1 serving

  • 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and torn
  • 3 large strawberries, sliced
  • 1 thin slice of onion
  • 1 medium button mushroom, sliced
  • 1 Tbs sliced almonds (1/4 ounce)
  • 1 Tbs real crumbled bacon bits
  • 2 Tbs fat free red raspberry vinaigrette
  1. Place the spinach leaves on a large plate.
  2. Add the next 5 ingredients and mix.
  3. Drizzle dressing over the top.

Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 137; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 16g; Fat 6g; Fibre 4g

2 comments:

  1. Elle,

    you do an amazing job of putting together such delicious yet light meals! :) This one looks scrumptious!

    I can't wait until fresh strawberries are available at our farmer's market. Oh the meals I will make with them! :)

    Hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks like summer! We tried your lemon pie last night! Heaven! Everyone in my family loved it! Thanks for all your great healthy recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.