Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

We just about always have pancakes for breakfast on Saturday mornings.  The Pancake King prepares them from a mix he likes, and they are delicious.

When we want to have them for dinner, which we do from time to time, I like to make them, and am always on the lookout for a new method or recipe.  I came up with this when I had some pumpkin on hand to use up.  You could use canned pumpkin if you don't have fresh on hand.



Pumpkin Pancakes
Makes 5 servings of 2 cakes per serving
  • 1 cup white flour
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp ginger
  • ¼ tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbs canola oil
  • 1/3 cup pureed cooked pumpkin

1. Combine dry ingredients
2. Combine wet ingedients
3. Mix wet and dry…
4. Use ¼ cup measure to make 10 cakes in the usual method.

Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 186; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 32g; Fat 4g; Fibre 1g.

The leftovers should be refrigerated or frozen and can easily be reheated.

1 comment:

  1. yesss! I love pumpkin pancakes!

    I so wish that my husband ate pancakes so that I could make a big batch for us. I'm going to save this for when I visit my pancake loving mom.

    Thanks for the great recipe Elle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.