Sunday, May 29, 2011

Creamy and Cold Cucumber and Avocado Soup

Some time ago, a friend directed me to Gwyneth Paltrow's blog GOOP.  I found this Cucumber and Avocado Soup there.  I love it.  It is very rich, very tangy, very creamy... much like a smoothie, but I do eat it from a bowl, with a spoon, savoring every mouthful.  It makes a lovely first course for lunch or a summer dinner.

If I don't happen to have fresh limes on hand, I use about 1 ounce of bottled juice and omit the zest.  It is almost as tasty.

And, if you use a long English cucumber, you don't need to peel or seed it. 


Cucumber and Avocado Soup
Makes 2 servings
  • 1 medium lime
  • approximately 1 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded, roughly chopped
  • 1 medium avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
  • Dash of salt
  1. Remove the zest from the lime and set aside.
  2. Blend lime juice, cucumber, and avocado together until totally creamy and smooth.
  3. Place in bowl and sprinkle with lime zest and salt.

Per serving. 
Weight Watchers P+ = 3. 
Calories 117; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 10g; Fat 9g; Fibre 4g.

A few simple ingredients... 

Become a creamy, delicious first course... all blended together with zest on top.


Printable Recipe

1 comment:

  1. mmm I LOVE avocado soups, with the cucumber it's like a creamy green gazpacho. mm mmm! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.