Monday, April 29, 2013

More Sweet Potato and Quinoa Burgers from The Lean Green Bean

I found this recipe for Sweet Potato Quinoa Black Bean Burgers with Cranberries on a blog I like to read called The Lean Green Bean. I have used lots of Lindsay's recipes over the past several months and have never been disappointed.  You may recall her Tuna Quinoa Cakes.

This one is marvelous!  It is a combination of some of my very favorite gluten-free ingredients and is basically a very tasty veggie burger... but with a real flavor twist in the cranberries.

We actually first tried these burgers some time ago.

I had The Captain mix up the ingredients and form the burgers...

Nov 26 quinoa burgers 001


Nov 26 quinoa burgers 002

Nov 26 quinoa burgers 004


And then we baked them for 20 minutes before turning them over...

Nov 26 quinoa burgers 005


Nov 26 quinoa burgers 008


 and popping them back into the oven to cook for 10 minutes more.  They get crsipy on the edges and I love that crunch!

We decided that one each would make a great dinner... I had mine on a bed of mixed Spring greens and sliced cherry tomatoes, topped with feta cheese....

Nov 26 quinoa burgers 011


Nov 26 quinoa burgers 013


Nov 26 quinoa burgers 014


and The Captain chose to have his real burger style on a whole wheat roll with mustard and processed cheese.

Nov 26 quinoa burgers 009


Nov 26 quinoa burgers 012


I enjoyed another one, cold from the fridge, for lunch the next day, also on a green salad and it was just as good.

Check out the recipe and instructions at The Lean Green Bean, and please be sure to tell Linday I sent you!  I bet you already have the ingredients on hand, just as I did, and can make these right away for yourself and your family, too.

Here is the Nutritional Information for the burgers:

Per serving of one burger.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 176; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 32g; Fat 2g; Fibre 7g.

Have you made veggie burgers? 

Do you have a link to a favorite veggie burger recipe you would like to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.