Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash

I do love sweet potatoes... those lovely dark orange Beauregard or Louisiana sweet potatoes.  Here we call them yams to distinguish them from the drier, yellow variety, that I have never cared for at all.

I have been trying to encourage The Captain to eat more sweet potatoes instead of white or red potatoes lately, cause they are so full of vitamins, so I made up this dish for breakfast recently.  It went over pretty well, too!

You can easily halve the ingredients to make a single serving or even just use one egg per person if you prefer.  We had this for brunch so I wanted to make sure it would be hearty enough to get us through till tea time!

Jan 6 Eggs and Sweet Potato Has 004


Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash
Makes 2 servings
  • 1 medium sweet potato, baked and cooled (about 1-1/2 cups total)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 handful of spinach leaves, chopped
  • 1 Tbs bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
  1. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks and place in a microwave safe dish.
  2. Add the crumbled bacon and spinach, and stir altogether lightly.
  3. Put in the microwave oven and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
  4. In the meantime, fry the eggs in a non-stick skillet, till done to your liking.
  5. Divide the potato mixture between 2 plates, and top with an eggs.
  6. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 8.
Calories 318; Protein 17g; Carbohydrate 37g;  Fat 11g; Fibre 5g.


Jan 6 Eggs and Sweet Potato Has 001
Ready to pop into the mike while the eggs are cooking.


Printable Recipe

6 comments:

  1. yum! eggs and sweet potatoes are one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a serious egg loving kick lately...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre trying to the the captain to eat em.
    Im trying to get my husband AND child.
    we can sooo do this---yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious! I was just trying to figure out something new for breakfast and my stomach growled when I read your post. :) Making it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eggs and sweet potatoes :) Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious!! I think that I have everything in my fridge too. I'm making this for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.