Monday, July 23, 2012

Hot Ground Flax 'Cereal' Bowl

I am not sure what to call this... Hot Ground Flax 'Cereal'....or Paleo 'Cereal' Bowl  ... but I do know that it is really good, very high in protein, filling and quite delightful! I recently made it for our breakfast and we both liked it a lot... I will be making it often and tweaking the ingredients, no doubt.

It is also gluten and grain free.

If you are following the Paleo Diet, where you eat no grains and no dairy, this would work very well for you.... just leave out the yogurt topping and add only fruit as a topping or fruit and some nuts. 

Delicious!



Grain-Free Hot Flax 'Cereal'
Makes 2 hearty servings.
  • 1 banana, peeled and mashed
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 2 Tbs ground flax seeds
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  1. Mash banana in a large bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients and stir till combined.
  2. Pour mixture into a small saucepan.
  3. Set over MEDIUM heat and stir until the mixture thickens and doubles in volume - about 7 or 8 minutes.
  4. Divide between 2 bowls and top with your favorites to serve... yogurt, berries or other fruit.
Per serving not including toppings
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 126; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 4g; Fibre 2g.

Mash the banana but don't liquify it!


Pour mixture into saucepan and set over MEDIUM heat and stir constantly so it doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan.


It will thicken and plump considerably as the egg whites cook.
 \

Place in serving bowl and top with fruit and/or yogurt.  Lovely!

Printable Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh my goodness, Elle!! This looks and sounds sooooo yummy!!! I'm sure I could use applesauce instead of the eggs and cultured almond or coconut yogurt -- HOLY YUM!!!

    In my experience with being Plant-Based and sans all animal products, I can never have enough breakfast recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.