Thursday, April 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Blondies

Wow!  That is a mouthful... and these are a delicious, gooey mouthful!

Still a bit warm so falling apart here...


I have been seeing different cake batter recipes all over the blogworld lately and decided to try another one a few days ago.  They are such an easy way to bake... and I was feeling a little lazy today after our 9 mile run and morning's housecleaning....

The recipe comes from a fun blog called Girl Meets Life and you will find it here.  There are lots of variations on the site too, but don't be afraid to play with this yourself.  I think it would be good with almond butter or sunflower butter, Nutella, and also different baking chips or even sprinkles.

I will share the ingredient list with you:
  • one box yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup of peanut butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup chocolate chips


I didn't have quite the whole cup of chocolate chips this recipe calls for so I used a handful of butterscotch chips to make up the cup... delicious. And I only used 1/2 cup of peanut butter instead of 3/4 cup.  I think white cake mix would be all right too... and I think I will be trying a chocolate versioin at some point!

And it smells soooooo good while its' in the oven baking.  Give it a try.  Easy, delicious, and fun!  I just know it would be great with some vanilla icecream!

If you cut it into 32 pieces (2" X 1"), here is the N.I. as I made it up.

Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 117; Protein 2g; Carbohyrate 16g; Fat 5g; Fibre 0g.

Mix the peanut butter, oil and egg together.


Add to the cake mix and combine as well as you can.


Stir in the milk.


Then add the chocolate/butterscotch chips.


Spread in 8x8 pan coated with non-stick spray and bake for 30 minutes at 350F.


Remove from oven and let cool 60 minutes... this allows the mixture to keep cooking a bit more.


It does fall a bit in the centre as it cools.


Cut into 32 pieces...  they hold together better after refrigeration!  But who can wait?



2 comments:

  1. I may need to add ingredients to my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I found your blog now to get the points per serving you could save alot of us WW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.